Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ten on Tuesday (actually, 12)

1. Do you listen to the radio in your car?  If so, what type of station do you like?
Oh yes. In fact, the car is pretty much the only place I listen to the radio (because my iPod is never charged). I mostly listen to country, but also go between 60s/70s rock and the top 40 stations.

2. What is the best concert you have ever attended?
Big & Rich at WeFest 2009. Other than "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" and their song that was on ESPN's College Football Gameday ("Coming to Your City"), I knew absolutely nothing about Big & Rich, or the Muzik Mafia, or Cowboy Troy, or any of their entourage. They totally blew me out of the water and put on an AWESOME show! I'm now a devoted fan.

3. What is the most embarrassing concert you have ever attended?
I don't go to that many concerts, and the ones I do go to are artists I really love (seriously--it takes a LOT to get me to go to a concert like a normal person*), so I'm not really embarrassed about ones I've attended! However...if you go waaaaaay back to around 1992ish(?), my mom took me to Tulsa to see Billy Ray Cyrus, live and in concert. That's probably cringe-worthy, right?


4. If you could have the singing voice of anyone in the world, who would it be?
Miranda Lambert or Patsy Cline, or the chick from The Band Perry.

5. You’re auditioning for American Idol.  What song do you sing?
Uh, yeah...you wouldn't catch me auditioning for Idol, but if someone held a gun to my head and made me....then maybe "American Girl" by Tom Petty.

6. If your previous weekend had its own soundtrack, what would be a few of the songs?
That's a hard question! Not to be too lame, but probably "Happy Birthday" because we celebrated my mom's birthday. I can't really think of any others, except OH!, that "Sound of Sunshine" song ESPN is playing during the Little League World Series coverage. It's catchy!

7. Most annoying television show theme song ever:
Hands-down, Married with Children. "Love and marriage, love and marriage...."  (Shoot me now.)

8. Are you and your significant other music-compatible?
No way. When I first met Aaron, he only listened to god-awful techno and trance music. Most of that is like nails on a chalkboard to me. He's since broadened his musical horizons and now listens to a lot of indie rock, with a little bit of rap/hip-hop thrown in there. Me? I'm a country girl through and through. I like really old-school country, like Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard, 80s country like I grew up with, a very few new country songs, and of course, anything my man TK sings. I also love classic rock, blues, 80s power ballads, and the occasional booty-dancing club hit.

9. A song that brings me back to middle school:
Tag Team's "Whoomp, There it Is!"

10. A song that brings me back to high school:
"Hoochie Mama" by 2 Live Crew

11. A song that brings me back to college:
"It Wasn't Me" by Shaggy, or anything by Outkast and Ludacris. (I wasn't always so proud of my country roots!)

12. A guilty pleasure song:
Boys From Oklahoma – Cross Canadian Ragweed (oh yes, thanks for the reminder, Roots and Rings!)


*  I had the amazing experience of attending WeFest 2009 as a VIP/guest of a certain someone's record label. It ruined me forever from going to concerts like a regular person. If I can't go in style, and hang out backstage/amongst the tour buses with all the beer I can drink, I don't wanna go!

No comments:

Post a Comment